(8) Wolves at (7) Lakers
- This line moved 3 points to 8.5 from the opener 5.5. The Wolves after being down at halftime to the Pelicans actually outscored them 66-53 in the 2nd half and won after Gobert and McDaniels went out.
- McDaniels and Naz Reid out is a bigger deal than Gobert, the Wolves have been better without Gobert a lot of games.
- The Wolves have a strong 5 to start and finish the game and an above average 7 man rotation. Anthony Edwards and Towns can both score 30+, Taurean Prince scored 18 on 7 for 14 shooting vs the Pelicans filling in for McDaniels and Mike Conley’s been really good with the Wolves and obviously has a lot of playoff experience – 43% from three, 16 ppg in his first full month with the Wolves. He also scored 25 vs the Lakers on March 31. Kyle Anderson will get a lot of minutes and defend AD at points and let Towns slide over to Vanderbilt.
- The Lakers are going to load up on Anthony Edwards and Towns and force somebody else to beat them. Normally Unders are a strong look in playoff settings but in this rare case where the Wolves might run guys 43-45 mins, Conley at Over 13.5 points is a really good look. Minnesota knows someone other than Edwards and Towns has to step up and play above their norm and Conley and Prince are the two guys that fit the bill. Prince is at 13.5 also and averaged just under 10 ppg this season with 22 mins/game. He might play 40 mins tonight.
- Without foul trouble, the Wolves can keep this a game. If someone has to sit a lot of minutes then the Lakers can open this game up. The Lakers obviously should win either way but 8.5 seems inflated.