Saints -4 -125, 5 units. All plays rated 1-10 units in order of confidence.
If you have -5.5 I’d recommend to play it for 4 units, if you have -5 I’d recommend to buy it down.
What you need to know:
- Drew Brees has been sacked just 11 times in 7 games.
- 49ers’ defense have just 13 sacks in 7 games and OLB Aaron Lynch is OUT
- Kaepernick had just 4.2 yards/attempt vs TB and 6.4 vs BUF
- 49ers have lost their lost 2 games by a combined 79-33
- 49ers struggled with Mike Evans’ height a few weeks ago so look for Brees to target the 6’3 Michael Thomas often.
- Saints get 2016 1st round draft pick Sheldon Rankins back at DT
- Saints defense gave up just 20 points @ KC and 13 home to Seattle (KC and Seattle each scored a defensive TD vs the Saints)
The Saints are 3-4 and can easily be 4-3 or 5-2. They’ve competed on the road as they beat San Diego 35-34 and gave the Chiefs a great game. Brees and the Saints’ receivers are so much better than the 49ers’ defense. Tim Hightower should also have a lot of room to run vs a weak SF run defense. The Saints play Denver next week and you could argue it’s a look-ahead spot but the Saints are made up of a group of veterans and watching their press conferences this week you get the sense that they know they need this game with a tough game vs Denver looming. Saints for 5 units.
Week 9 plays released to subscribers: