Big showdown in Pittsburgh Sunday with playoff implications on the line for the Steelers and Ravens. Both teams have a history of close games with 16 of the last 20 matchups being decided by one score or less. Here are a couple of things to know for Sunday’s game:
- Ravens #1 CB Jimmy Smith is OUT. Smith went down in the game in Foxborough vs the Patriots a few weeks ago and that’s when the Ravens started to really struggle on defense. Smith also covered Antonio Brown in the first matchup so the Ravens will have an even bigger challenge covering AB in this one.
- Sammie Coates and Ladarius Green are both DOUBTFUL for Pittsburgh. The Ravens are going to put 2 and, crazily enough, sometimes 3 guys on Antonio Brown. The Steelers are going to need help from their other receivers so not having these 2 weapons is key for Big Ben. Look for Eli Rogers to play a big role this week.
- For as close as the Ravens-Steelers matchups have been, the Steelers won 43-23 in the last matchup between these two in Heinz Field (2014). Big Ben was hurt for the matchup in 2015 and Michael Vick was forced to start.
- The Steelers are 9-2 at home the last 5 years in December
- The Ravens have lost their last 4 road games by a combined 29 points. Those losses have come to the Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, and Jets.
- Ben Roethlisberger has a 10:8 TD:INT ratio on the road this season. His TD:INT ratio at home is 16:3