- The Ravens are coming into this game scalding hot off impressive wins over the Patriots, Texans and Rams in consecutive weeks. The 49ers are off a similarly impressive blowout of the Packers on MNF.
- This game is going to feature two teams with top 5 defenses and top 5 rushing attacks. The Ravens rank #4 in defensive efficiency, #3 in pass defense efficiency and #3 in rush yards allowed/gm. The 49ers rank #2 in defensive efficiency and pass defense efficiency and lead the league in pass yards allowed/gm (137). The 49ers rank #3 in redzone defense (41.7%) and #2 in 3rd down defense (27.5%), while the Ravens rank #5 in red zone defense (45.5%).
- Against a stout Ravens’ RZ defense, the 49ers may have trouble punching the ball in when they approach paydirt, as they only rank#24 in RZ offense (50%)
- Both teams are very impressive in the trenches – the matchup to watch will be the 49ers’ #8 rated pass blocking unit (22 sacks in 11 games) facing the Ravens’ #24 rated pass rush (25 sacks in 11 games).
- The Ravens and 49ers rank #1 and #2 in TOP in the league, respectively. They also unsurprisingly rank #32 and #26 in pace.
Pat has a background as a financial analyst for a major bank and focuses a lot on the analytical side of handicapping. You can follow him on Twitter @phigg_sports