These are some trends and situations to circle for the 2019 season:
Best teams off a loss since 2014:
- Vikings 22-9 ATS
- Seahawks 17-8-2 ATS
- Patriots 12-6 ATS
- Steelers 16-9 ATS
- 4 teams are a combined 67-32-2 ATS the last 5 seasons off of a loss.
- Saints are 1-9 ATS in Weeks 1 + 2 since 2014. 3-13 ATS since 2011
- Steelers are 3-7-1 ATS as a road favorite since 2017
- Panthers are 6-11-1 ATS as a road favorite since 2015
- Since 2015, Week 2 teams on a back-to-back road game are 1-14 ATS (source: Ralph Michaels)
- ^SF, IND, and KC will all be traveling for back-to-back road games here
- Chargers are 11-20 ATS at home since 2015
- Bucs are 25-51 ATS their last 76 home games
PLAY ON as underdogs
- Steelers went 4-1 SU as underdogs in 2018 and are 12-5-2 ATS as dogs since 2015
- Saints are 18-8-1 ATS as dogs since 2015
- Patriots are 3-0 as dogs since 2015
- Panthers are 10-5 ATS their last 15 as underdogs
- Chargers UNDERs are 13-6 since 2017 when they’re a favorite
- Steelers UNDERs are 19-7 on the road since 2016
- Pittsburgh averaged 30 ppg at home last season compared to 23.5 ppg on the road.
- They averaged 29.8 ppg at home in 2017 vs 22.5 ppg on the road.
- They also averaged just 20.8 ppg on the road in 2016 compared to 28.4 ppg at home
- Rams UNDERS went 7-2 on the road in 2018
- Offense scored 36.3 ppg at home compared to 25.9 ppg on the road.
- Saints UNDERS went 6-2 on the road in 2018
- Offense scored 31.6 ppg at home compared to 28.9 on the road
- Cowboys UNDERs are 17-8 as a road team since 2016
- 30 ppg at home last season vs 23.5 ppg on the road.
- 8 ppg at home in 2017 vs 22.5 ppg on the road.
- 4 ppg at home in 2016 vs 20.8 ppg on the road.
- Patriots UNDERs are 16-8 on the road since 2016
- Offense averaged 33.8 ppg at home last season and just 22.3 ppg on the road.
- Patriots UNDERs are 9-1 after a loss since 2016
- OVER is 21-13 in Saints home games since 2015, covering by 6.8 ppg
- OVER is 24-11-1 in Steelers home games since 2014 when they are favored
- OVER is 5-0 the last 5 times Carolina played at New Orleans
Off a BYE
- Patriots are 10-4 ATS their last 14 off a bye
- Saints are 8-2 ATS their last 10 off a bye
- Andy Reid is 13-7 ATS lifetime off a bye
- Chiefs are 16-8 ATS in division games since 2015
- Seahawks are 28-14-1 ATS in Weeks 11 or later since 2013
- Seahawks are 25-6 ATS in September home games since 2000
- Russell Wilson is 20-7-1 ATS as an underdog lifetime
- Russell Wilson is 17-7-1 ATS in primetime
- Patriots are 5-0 SU and ATS vs Miami the last 5 seasons at home, winning by 25 ppg
- Patriots are 5-0 SU and ATS vs NYJ the last 5 seasons at home, winning by 20.4 ppg
- Falcons are 10-1 ATS in home openers since 2008
- Broncos are 7-3-1 ATS at home in the first 2 weeks of the season since 2012. Conditioning is key early in the season at elevation, especially with less practices
- Patriots are 15-3 ATS their last 18 games as favorites of –10.5 or more
- Steelers are 11-5 ATS their last 16 on Monday Night Football (Week 4 vs Cincinnati)
- Saints are 17-6 ATS at home in primetime with Brees