5-0 Week 7 after the teaser hits on Arizona Monday night. We had ARI -2 involved in two separate teasers (one with SEA and another with STL). We are now 5-1 this season on teasers and 23-15 ATS overall.
Before we recap Week 7’s plays and release Week 8’s, Greg Hardy had this to say this week:
…pretty classy performance for a guy who was just suspended 4 games and is known as the bad-boy of the NFL.
Have fun with that one, Jason Garrett.
Here is a recap on what was said for Week 7’s Winners
- ARI over the Ravens: “Arizona has one of the best passing attacks in the league and is facing a weak secondary tonight versus Baltimore. Patrick Peterson will shadow Steve Smith Sr. all night which will put the bulk of the load on Crockette Gilmore and Justin Forsett’s shoulders. The Ravens just don’t have enough weapons and I see Arizona rolling here.”
Arizona won 26-18
2. CAR -3.5 over the Eagles: “Carolina is rolling. They come into this game hot after a huge win over the Seahawks in a game where they trailed by double digits in the 2nd half. A comeback like the one they mounted is a huge breakthrough for a team who has struggled to overcome Seattle over the years. Their momentum should roll them into this game versus an Eagles team whose offense is not very good right now. The Eagles have scored 39 and 27 points the last 2 weeks but it’s mainly a mirage as Sam Bradford has looked awful and has leaned on the D for help with points. Carolina’s D was just relentless on Russell Wilson last week and they can do the same to Sam Bradford. The Eagles struggle to cover tight ends which gives Cam Newton help as Greg Olsen is his clear- cut #1 option and the man who helped lead the comeback over Seattle. This is a primetime game and Philly embarrassed Carolina last year in primetime when the Panthers were decimated with injuries. The crowd in Carolina should be rocking in this one as the Panthers get some revenge on the Eagles and keep playing to extend their undefeated start to this season. Panthers win 24-17.”
Panthers won 27-16.
Email me & my team @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in becoming a season-long or monthly client. We do sell picks by the week as well. Buy week 8’s teaser here.
3. STL -7 over the Browns: The Rams have one of the best backs in the league in Todd Gurley. The Browns have one of the worst run defenses in the league so the Rams should move the ball all day. The Browns are coming off a heartbreaking loss versus Denver in a game they had so many chances to win but failed to capitalize. I think that’s a tough loss to swallow and being that the Browns have no run game whatsoever and they’re going up against a ferocious pass rush I don’t see many opportunities for Cleveland to win this game. Rams roll large. Play the Rams for 3 units at -6.5 as well.
Todd Gurley: 163 total yards + 2 TDS.
Rams win 24-6.
By far my favorite play of the week – Josh McCown running out of bounds, losing control and crashing head first into the wall.
McCown’s fall was one of the worst I’ve seen…2nd worst to the guy from Big Daddy who fell from that stick.
Sign up on the homepage here for Free Email Picks as I have sent out 3 so far and we are 3-0 on those.
4. SEA to win over the 49ers (Thursday): “Richard Sherman will shut down Torrey Smith and the 49ers will have trouble moving the ball all night. The Seahawks will walk away from San Fran with a win.”
Torrey Smith was held without a catch for the game.
Seahawks rolled to a 20-3 win.
5. NYJ +8.5 @ NE
The Jets are going to have a chance to compete in this one if Chris Ivory keeps playing well. Ivory is the 4th leading rusher in the NFL right now and that will go a long way if the Jets are able to string together long drives of ground & pound. The Patriots are the better team here with more offensive weapons but we just need the Jets to compete. The Jets’ defensive line is good enough to disrupt Brady and rush his timing in the pocket, especially now that Sheldon Richardson is back. Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie are exactly the type of cornerbacks you need to have you stay competitive in a game in Foxborough. They will help limit Edelman and Amendola and the Patriots should put up 20-24 points using Gronk and Dion Lewis. The Jets will lean on Decker and Ivory a lot as Marshall will most likely be limited by Malcolm Butler. Fitzpatrick will have to be smart in this game and avoid costly turnovers and, if he can, the Jets should be able to reach 17-20 points and get us a cover. Jets +8.5 for 5 units.
Jets compete the whole way and cover in a 30-23 game.
6. ATL to win over the Titans: ATL wins 10-7.
We are building out our Twitter following where free tips will be provided all week- follow me @spreadinvestor