Mismatches that could impact several games in Week 3:
- In 4 games against Bill Belichick, Zach Wilson has averaged a 51% completion rate, 173 yards per game. He has thrown for 2 TD’s and 7 INT’s and been sacked 11 times. Rain and 15+ mph winds are in the forecast on Sunday at MetLife with Jonathan Jones looking to return to the lineup.
- After facing Cincy and Pittsburgh to start the season, Deshaun Watson will have a chance to open things up in the passing game on Sunday against a Titans’ pass defense that ranks 28th in the league, 29th in YPA and 26th in passes of 10+ yards. Tennessee’s secondary is extremely suspect, but their run defense is strong – 4th in rush YPG allowed, 2nd in YPC and 5th in explosive run plays. Without Chubb, Cleveland will likely rely on Watson to open things up through the air against a defense that allowed Derek
Carr and Justin Herbert to both throw for 305 yards in Weeks 1 and 2.
- Dallas ranks 5th in the league in offensive efficiency, 8th in EPA/play on offense, 3rd in 3rd down conversion and 1st in RZ trips. They’ve rank just 21st in RZ TD %, but Dallas playmakers should have plenty of opportunities to score points in the RZ against an Arizona defense that ranks 23rd in defensive efficiency and 31st in RZ trips allowed per game.
- The Vikings’ passing attack will look to continue its success through the air on Sunday against a Chargers’ secondary that ranks 32nd in passing YPG allowed and YPA and 29th in passes of 10+ yards. Justin Jefferson trails only Puka Nacua in receptions of 10+ yards with 12 through 2 weeks and leads the league in receptions of 20+ yards with 8.
- KC’s passing attack should finally open things up through the air against a Bears’ defense that ranks 27th in pass YPG allowed, 31st in YPA and lost their defensive coordinator this week. Chicago has generated little to no pass rush with just 2 sacks in 2 weeks and 4 total QB hits. Jordan Love threw for 245 yards and 3 TD’s in Week 1, while Baker Mayfield threw for 317 yards and 1 TD in Week 2.
- Green Bay has allowed 167 rushing YPG through 2 weeks after finishing 2022 ranked 26th in run defense and 27th in YPC allowed. Jamaal Williams looks like he’s going to be out for a few weeks, which means Taysom Hill will shoulder some of the load in the run game. Carr was suspect in Week 2 against Carolina – New Orleans ran the ball 30 times for 138 yards, including 9 rushes for 75 yards from Hill.
- Jordan Love is going to face a real test against a New Orleans defense that ranks 9th in EPA/play, 3rd in YPP, 1st in passing YPG allowed, 2nd in YPA and 3rd in explosive passing plays allowed. Love finished 0-6 passing and led GB to 11 yards and 0 first downs on his final 3 possessions against Atlanta in Week 2.